Saturday 5 July 2008

Ramsay - The Final Preparation

Another successful reccy last Thursday evening (26th June) on the eastern-most Mamores has pretty much confirmed that myself and Neil are as ready as we are going to be this year. So next Saturday 12th July will be the day/night for the attempt starting at about 10:30am in a clockwise direction. I am off up the hills tomorrow to organise the food drops and hopefully we will also have some minimal support for the day itself. My mood sways between confident optimisim and spectacular pessimisim as to the actual outcome, but I am prepared to give it a decent shot. Having almost no running support will make it harder, but all the more pleasing should we get round.

I have been down to the Lake District for the past week running and climbing and I felt pretty strong on the hills. The ache on the side of my foot is still there from after the Highlander, but hopefully nothing a bit of pig-headedness won't get me through. I have added some photos from the week so enjoy.
Running High Stile.
Blencathra smoking.
Sunlight above Buttermere.
Mine beneath Grisedale.


No comments: