Monday 13 August 2007

Torrents of sheep?

After Monday's epic Thursday's run was a lot kinder to me. As I was over in Kishorn any way for work I decided that Sgurr a'Chaorachain (which the various books seem to argue as to whether it should be translated as peak of the little torrent or the little sheep) would be an easy little run. The weather was superb and if I had more sense I would have taken a day of work and had my long-planned attempt at Tranter's. As it was the drive up to the Bealach na Ba was more dangerous and stressful than the run as various tourists got caught out by the switch-backs at the top. Although it was breezy getting changed once on the go it was a lovely temperature for running. From the car-park it is nice steady run up a track to the mast and then a short undulating run of about 2km over sandstone slabs and short grass to a summit with great views across to the Cullin and the Nort-West. All completely mud free too! The top also gives a great grandstand view of Cioch Direct, which definetly has to be on my tick-list. How nice it was to be running in shorts, t-shirt and not needing a map or compass.

Stats
Time: 50min Distance: 6km Height gain: 350m

No comments: