Monday 28 January 2008

Warm, wet and windy

There was a, hopefully, brief break from winter this weekend and the temperature was in double figures for the first time in ages. So I went for a run to look for the snow and I found it!
It was a good run from Contin Forestry Commission car-park, over the top of Torr Achilty (a Marylin) past Torr Achilty dam (where the plume from the tail-races was huge), along Loch Achonachie, up over Achilty Oakwood cross-country to Cnoc Dubh and down to Roggie Falls. Easy tracks then led back to the car. Some sections were a bit rough under-foot but it was still worthwhile to get something out of the day.
Time: 2h15 Distance: 10M Av HR: 138 Max HR 164
So far I haven't really been reachng my training targets in terms of distance. Instead I have been more focused on time which is a great cop-out ; ). I really am looking forward to get in some reccies of the Ramsay in a few months time.

No comments: