Saturday 7 February 2009

Shed loads of snow! At last!


Well the last 3 weeks have been hectic. Last weeks XC race in Nairn was a bit of a set-back. After such a good run at Inverness I was hoping for good things. A succession of interrupted nights though isn't the best thing for training or running so I was knackered before I started. The course seemed to be about half on sand-dunes and with a strong wind as soon as I was dropped from a group I struggled. No one to hide behind : ( The second half of the course was in the woods along technical single track. However, the course was for the most part flat so I lost time on those bits and to cap it off I got lost right at the end losing a couple of places. Still at 117% of the winners time not a total disaster.


Since then I have been cross country ski-ing and I think I will put the training on hold for a couple of weeks to get into this fatherhood thing! Anyway the snow has been great. The only issue has been finding somewhere to park! There must be a couple of foot in all the laybys south on the A9. It is great just driving 10mins to get to perfect snow.

No comments: