Sunday 2 March 2008

Cairngorms - Sunday



It was just one of those days. Despite snow all the way over Slochd, the closer we got to Aviemore the less snow there was. Plans for XC ski-ing were shelved and we headed into Mountain Cafe for a full breakfast. Two coffees later I had enough motivation to run from Inverdrurie to Glen Mor where Emily had hoped to show her sister the reindeer. I suppose I shouldn't complain as the run through Rothiemurchus Estate was as good as trail
running gets. I spent a while trying to photograph this blighter, but he/she proved far more intelligent than myself.

The area is crossed with nicely graded tracks with snow covered mountains as a backdrop. For me, this area is one of the best bits of the Cairngorms and much more interesting than the rather tedious plateau areas.

The weather was nowhere near as bad as forecast and I was a bit disappointed not to have found someone to climb with as the conditions in the Corries looked good. However, training-wise, it was much better to get the miles in and the 10miles felt pretty tough. It is prudent to mention that I got another Marylin (Ord Ban) bagged ; 0)

Time: 2h 10 Distance: 10M

No comments: